Monday, August 24, 2009

The Beginning of School Again

This last week has been amazing for me. I have just been overwhelmed. Thursday we had school orientation and we were able to see all the professors. It was amazing for me to see all the wonderful teachers that I have listened to on the radio, watched on tv, or even read about. DTS is so blessed to have leaders that have stayed true throughout this century to the Word of God.

It just reminded me of why I came here. DTS's perspective of the bible being the authority we live by was the very reason why I wanted to come here. I have always believed that truth has never changed even when culture tells us it has. God hasn't changed, He doesn't care about what is in or out, He remains the same throughout time. Having the privilege to go to a college that believes in the eternal truths of God is such a wonderful gift.

Now, with that said, school starts on Tuesday for me and my tone may change in a couple of weeks. Being a part of such a wonderful college does require many challenges. Challenges that are intended to help me understand the Word of God better and to be able to handle it correctly.

For those that are out there and know my family, I ask that you would pray for us. Pray for my wife to be able to handle the girls as I am working and going to school. Pray for my daughters so they grow to be just as Christ intended. Yes, please pray for me to be there for my family first and then to my education. Pray that I will not only read my books for my classes but remember what I have read. Pray that I will be faithful with my time and not fall short in what God intends me to accomplish.

I know your prayers are there for us, cause I feel them everyday! Thank you so much and don't stop.

1 comment:

  1. Consider it done, bro! Prayers and faith are really the only things (besides dedication to study and family) that will help you to finish this! I am very excited for you all in this new endeavor...

    ReplyDelete